Objectives & Benefits of attending
Are you stressed because you need to give someone critical feedback and don’t know how to? Have you been avoiding a difficult conversation or colleague because you don’t like conflict? Are you or your colleagues wasting time on drama at work, and as a result becoming unproductive?
The good news is, it doesn’t have to be like that. You can learn how to manage your state so that you’re able to have better conversations at work. And you can do this even if a situation feels tense and stressful.
In Better Conversations, you will learn how to:
1. Manage your own state so that you feel resourceful about having better conversations
2. Give feedback that allows both parties to learn
3. Notice your position on the Drama Triangle and what you can do to get off it
4. Ask better questions to get accurate information and encourage outcome-thinking
5. Model out what better conversations mean to you
This 5-module virtual workshop of 1 hour each is especially designed so that busy professionals can learn a new skill and then immediately return to work to notice what difference their new skills make.
Each module follows a similar format of:
1. Introductions, welcome and setup
2. Introduction of module topic
3. Exploration and practice of module topic
4. Debrief and learning reflections
5. Next steps for fieldwork
✦ There will be 2.5 hours of fieldwork in between modules. This workshop is designed for interaction and participation.